Upgrade Nessus Scanner from 8.15.6 to 10.4.2 (WIN10)
- Download the Latest Version of Nessus and copy it to the /tmp directory
o Navigate to = https://www.tenable.com/downloads/
- Launch the Trellix Desktop Application and disable Threat Prevention and Firewall settings
o In the WIN10 taskbar, right click on the Trellix icon and click McAfee Endpoint Security
o On the top right, click the down arrow, click Administrator Log On and enter the password.
o Click on Threat Prevention, and uncheck the following boxes
Enable Access Protection
Enable Exploit Prevention
Enable On-Access Scan
Enable ScriptScan (scans scripts in browser only)
o Click on Firewall, and uncheck the following boxes
- Install Nessus 10.4.2 on the machine
o Navigate to where you saved the Nessus 10.4.2 file and install the application.
- Confirm the Nessus 10.4.2 installation
o Open a browser and navigate to https://localhost:8834
Nessus may take a while “compiling plugins” during the initial login
o Log into Nessus with the necessary credentials
o Click “settings” and the version should now reflect the 10.4.2 update.
If the version didn’t reflect the updated number, launch the Services application and restart the “Tenable Nessus” service, reboot and check again.
- Reboot the machine and the Trellix/McAfee settings will be re-enabled